Sunday, December 8, 2013

An evening at the theater!

Holly had a special invitation to see the Rockford Symphony Orchestra and the Rockford Dance Company's production of "The Nutcracker".  Her piano teacher plays the oboe with the RSO and invited her to come see this beautiful ballet production.   Last night we bundled up, ventured downtown, and I know that it was a night I won't soon forget!  We were both so excited!  Right as the lights began to dim, Holly looked over at me and said, "It's finally time!!!!" 

The Coronado Theater is so gorgeous.  I haven't been there probably 15 years.  Holly was captivated by the glitz and glam! 





When I ordered our tickets, I requested balcony seats so that we could see into the pit where the orchestra sits underneath the stage.  Before the ballet started, we walked down and peaked over the railing and saw our piano teacher warming up her oboe!  From our seats up high we had a good view of the harpist, as well! 

The music was breathtaking, the dancers all did an amazing job, it was such a wonderful night! 













And--We went to Culver's for supper (before hand), which was another big treat! 















The night was perfect in every way; I think I know who I can call if I ever want a date for the theater!

No comments: