Monday, July 30, 2012

My pinterests this week!

It was a very quiet weekend around our house!  We had the pleasure of spending time with some of our littlest freinds on Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday were pretty low-key. 
For the first time in a long time, I actually DID some of the things I've pinned on my pinterest boards.

Project #1:  These cute little dishtowels.  Super easy.  Pretty cheap.  I bought some "fat quarters" for $1.49 at the fabric store, so I wasn't out much cashola on a bunch of fabric that I'll never use up.  The only thing I changed in the original design was I added a little stitch in the center of the band of fabric to hold the ribbon in place.  This way, when you go to cinch up the ribbons to make it all cute and scruntchy, you don't pull the ribbon out.  I'm going to make more of these for Christmas presents, housewarming presents, birthday presents for co-workers, and so on.

Project #2:  Salted Carmel Pretzel Bark.  SOOOO delicious!  Pretty cheap, the most expensive thing was the chocolate chips, I used about 1 1/4 bags.  I found that it takes awhile for the carmel to start to thicken.  I probably spent 10 minutes or better stirring the sugar and butter to get it thick and smooth like the recipe calls for.  I also had some grief getting some of the foil off the back, but I stuck the pan back in the freezer and tried again later, that seemed to help.  SOOOO delicious, though!  

 Project #3:  This braided headband.  This was VERY easy to make and I had all the supplies on hand.  I will definitely buy more/different ribbons to make more of these headbands.  I made this one to fit my head and wore it around for awhile and it didn't make my temples hurt like most headbands do.  I recommend doing what the directions say:  using different types, widths, textures of ribbons to create a unique headband.  I would definitely wear this to work with a gray or black sweater and a pair of chunky earrings!

Have you done anything 'pinteresting' lately?

No comments: