Friday, July 20, 2012

My tummy hurts...

I wonder why my stomach hurts...  It's 11am on a lazy Friday at the Daly house.  We're taking the day off from 4-H cattle washing, walking, etc., because I needed to bake some cookies for a fundraiser we're doing at church.  (We're raising money for a new Christmas tree by having a "christmas cookies in July sale".)  I made and tasted (of course!) two new recipes out of this month's Taste of Home magazine:
Lemon-on-Lemon Iced Cookies
Red Velvet Frosted Cookies


The cookies all turned out good, but perhaps adding them to a stomach full of sprinkles-covered donut and  Coca-Cola wasn't the best idea...

I think I'll try and make it all better with leftover hot dogs for lunch.  Yeah, that should work.

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  Please share! 

P.S. If you want the recipes for these cookies, let me know!  The online versions of these recipes haven't been released yet (they are "print exclusive").

No comments: