Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Adventures of Spot

Saturday afternoon I ran into town to run a couple of errands.  As I was pulling into our driveway, I looked over to our neighbor's house and she was standing in her driveway with her son, watching her little Beagle playing with this big white ball.  It would hop toward her dog and the dog would back up, then the dog would lunge at the big white ball and the ball would take a few steps to the side... the dog and this mystery thing seemed to be playing chicken.  Then it dawned on me!  That big white ball is my beloved RABBIT!!! I literally screeched to a halt in the middle of the driveway, got out of the van and ran over to the neighbor's house still rubbing my eyes in disbelief (figuratively speaking).  Sure enough, Spot and Molly the miniture Beagle were having a fun little go of it.  As I said, "Spot!  What are you doing out of your hutch!?!?  You crazy little bunny boy, you could've been eaten alive!" he came hopping over to me and nearly jumped in my arms (literally speaking this time, he and I are very close.)  So, I scooped him up, apologized to the neighbor, and hauled his furry little hiney back to our yard. 

The girls thought it was the funniest thing they'd seen in a long time.  They wanted to keep him out in the yard and "play" with him for a while.  And so we did. 

Spot apparently loves to jump in the leaf pile. 


Spot really loves riding in the cozy coupe.  (By the way, that thing is like a bad penny.  It's way too small for our kids, but keeps showing up, no matter where I hide it in the trees behind our house.) 







But what Spot loves most is snuggowing wiff his mommy...

 Isn't this the cutest little bunny face you've ever seen?!?!?!

No comments: