Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's on YOUR kitchen window sill?

I feel like I spend a great deal of time standing in front of my kitchen window (waiting for the snow to melt), which just so happens to be over my kitchen sink, which is ALWAYS full of dishes.  I kid-you-not:  if I spend 20 minutes cleaning up the kitchen/sink/counters and then walk away for 2 minutes, another dirty dish will appear--out of nowhere!!! It's really weird...

Anyway, my kitchen window sill is my catch-all for all sorts of junk.

Current contents: 
  • 5 lost teeth from 3 different kids
  • a glow-in-the-dark yellow alien guy
  • a black Sharpie
  • a potato that didn't make it into the pot for last night's mashed potatoes
  • green vampire teeth (from the fun fair at school)
  • a coffee mug that my grandma brought me last week because she "didn't want it anymore, but knew I could use it!"
  • a purple springy cord thing that fell of a fun fair whistle (Side note: this whistle in question is on it's way to whistle heaven.)
  • a 35 year old recipe card from "Aunt Frieda" written in my mom's handwriting
Seriously, where does all this junk come from?  Why don't I clean this mess up?  What would my mother-in-law think if she saw this mess?  (Just kidding; I don't think my wonderful mother-in-law would judge me too harshly... she's very nice.)

And so it goes:  You just never know what you'll find next!

2 comments:

Keli said...

What's the recipe for? Anything yummy?!

Carrie said...

The recipe is for the chocolate turtle cookies you make in the waffle iron from one of my first posts :)