Sunday, January 12, 2014

Admitting you have a problem is the first step...

Yes, I have a mild addiction.  I love yarn, I like to knit, I waste hours of my life listening to the clicky clacky of my knitting needles.

But, I have TOO MUCH yarn.  I have to STOP buying it and never finishing projects.  I have to STOP pinning cute patterns on Pinterest.  It all must stop.  I mean, look at this stash!!!





My New Year's resolution is to use it all up, or as much as I possibly can.  (Some balls are too small and some projects are too big.) Also, I need to FINISH projects, and give them away! So, each quarter of the year, I swear to update my loyal blog followers with my progress.  Here is my plan for this first quarter:

These 4 remnant balls will be knitted into a cozy cowl for a certain friend of mine who has to face the elements everyday.  I won't say anything more because she might catch on.  I've already said too much.

These two balls will turn into some pillow cases, hopefully much like the one shown below ($39.99 on Etsy, by the way!).


And, looking ahead two the 2nd quarter of 2014, these balls of wash cloth-weight yarn will be knitted into wash clothes, all while I sit poolside soaking up sun!

Well... actually... another 2014 resolution is NO MORE SUN, LOTS MORE SUNSCREEN!  I'm getting too old for a suntan.  I already have too many sun spots and my skin doesn't rebound like it used to.   Was that too much information?  Maybe.  So, wish me luck!  And, if anything up there catches your eye, let me know!



No comments: