Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My fancy new pan...

I got this fancy new pan for Christmas!  Isn't it spiffy!  It's made by Wilton












I was lamenting my anguish at baking quick breads earlier this fall: how my glass loaf pans take forever to cook completely through, how they're a smidgen too small for my normal bread recipes, and no matter how long you leave the bread in the oven, the bread usually isn't done in the middle and the tops are burnt and crusty. 

So to break it in, my littlest helper and biggest kitchen comrade whipped up some Snickerdoodle Bread.  I found the recipe over at http://lilluna.com/snickerdoodle-bread/



The cinnamon chips are easy to find right now, and I admit that since finding this recipe, I have been stock-piling because they're a seasonal item. 


Since we were going to be ringing in the New Year with three other families, we decided to share our bread with them!
While the breads were cooking, my little artist worked up some gift tags :)   

We started our New Years Eve celebration by going bowling.  After that, we went back to one of the family's house where we had a blast!  The adults played "Apples to Apples" and the kids played the Wii and with new Christmas toys.  The oldest (our 11 year old) and the youngest (4 year olds) boys crashed around 11pm, but everyone else made it to midnight!   It was a great way to send out 2012 and welcome in 2013!

Happy New Year from the Dalys!

No comments: