Saturday, August 31, 2013

While I was riding down the road today...

This morning I was feeling adventurous and decided to take a new route on my bike.  Instead of turning around at the corner of Conger and Comly, I decided to head north and make a big rectangle, (normally I just turn around and double-back). 




I don't know what has kept me from taking this route all along because it provided me with almost 2 miles (not continuous) of completely solitary cornfield travelling! 

I was biking along and saw what I thought was some strange plumage in the ditch...

As I got closer, I realized that this wasn't plumage at all, but the tail of a skunk!  Only for a millisecond did I consider that I might get sprayed.  I felt completely calm!  Calm enough for me to get my phone out and take his picture.

He couldn't find what he was looking for on that side of the ditch, so he sauntered across the road, gave me a pleasant, "Top of the mornin' to ya!" and continued to search for whatever it was he looking for.

"Huh," I said to myself, "That's not what I was expecting to see this morning!  If I wouldn't have taken this new route, look at what I would have missed out on!" 

And because I was in the middle of the road in the middle of a cornfield in the middle of the country, I really did say it out loud.

More proof that you just never know what will happen next!

Also, I hit 100 miles on my odometer!  Yay!

No comments: