Monday, July 21, 2014

A Matter of Perspective...

I was walking back up the driveway from the mailbox today and saw this sight:

I thought to myself, "What are they doing?  Filling the combine with corn from the bin?  What could be the purpose of that?  I thought they were trying to empty out the grain box on the combine so that they could start harvesting oats and wheat?"

Also, I don't know why the sky is gray... stupid phone camera.













Then I got a little closer and it became clearer...












...that my eyes are really getting bad.  It's just a perspective issue.


And then as I was actually upon the scene. I felt really dumb because, in reality, the combine and the auger were a solid 20 paces away from each other.  Boy, did my eyes play tricks on me!  As I took this picture, I was standing under the yellow auger, the one I thought was filling the combine.













Moral of the story:  I MUST see an optometrist sooner than later.



No comments: