Sunday, January 13, 2013

The D stands for Daly, not Dave or Duh or Dyno-mite or Dogs allowed or ....

I went to Wally World the day after Christmas because I desperately needed (and still do need) more white Christmas lights.  (Side note:   I have looked everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE for white lights and have had absolutely no luck.)  Anyway, I DID find wreath hangers for $1.00!!!  And so began my foray into making one of those fancy, pinterest-inspired wreaths.  (There are 4 keys around the wreath, the picture doesn't do them justice.)

Wreath:  marked down from $14.99 to $4.49
Ribbon:  marked down from $9.99 to $3.00
Keys:  not on sale, but each $1.50 (I bought 4)
Letter D:  not on sale, but only $1.99
Pink Glitter:  $2.00
and don't forget the hanger:  I don't know what the original price was, but sale price $1.00

I started by putting my little helper to work covering the letter in glue and sprinkling on the glitter.  This required two applications for my desired glittery-ness.

Then, I played around with the ribbons and keys.  I hot glued the letter on, and Viola!  A beautiful new wreath for my beat-up, not-so-beautiful, down-right-ugly front door.

So, the whole project ran me about  $18.50.  I looked into similar items on Etsy.com and I think a wreath like this would run anywhere from $30.00 to $75.00, not including at least $15.00 shipping. 

I'd say it was a successful DIY...


No comments: